Friday, March 12, 2010

When the time comes...

The title of this post really has nothing to do with anything. I don't have a lot to write, a few observations and other than that, not a whole ton.

I went for a lovely little ride today. I felt pretty weak, but I think that is going to be a consistent feeling for at least a few weeks while I re-acclimate to riding outside and needing to actually use my leg muscles. I feel as though I am pretty decent shape at the end of this winter...I did a fair amount of cross training...XC skiing, which is super frustrating, running and weight lifting. So all in all, I think I am coming out of the winter slightly ahead. Either way, I rode without gloves today, which is a win no matter how you look at it.

Today was supposed to be on off day, but, I got to go and work the high school basketball game. The state tournament is going on and there were two games tonight. I get to work the one game tomorrow night as well...which is another off day. All that really means is that the time is all overtime, which is nice! Both games tonight were very competitive. The first game was supposed to be a rout, but, ended up being really close. For a while, it looked like the underdog might pull it off...but, then the pressure got to them and all went to hell. The point guard looked like me trying to handle the basketball...putting it between my feet, kicking the ball, falling on the ground...it wasn't pretty.

The second game was good and close, but, not for the right reasons. The ref's were calling ticky-tack fouls...and one sided. I understand being a referee is a difficult job, I wouldn't want to do it. It is tough as a sports fan to watch a game where one team is clearly outplaying the other, but the game is close only because the better team is being held back. Either way, the better team did end up winning and that is mostly what matters.

Tomorrow the plan is to go for the group ride from W&S, that's Wheel and Sprocket. I say that is the plan because there is still a chance for rain and as I type this now, it is raining and extremely foggy! So, if that doesn't happen, not all that terrible. Maybe that would be more time to spend with the lady.

Sunday should be a good day though...the plan there is a team ride through the Holy Hill area. This is sweet riding country and it is supposed to be sunny and nice.

All for now, keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment